International Student Advisor Resume Example
Here is the International Student Advisor Resume example:
1433 Zimmerman Lane
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Objective Looking for employment as an International Student Advisor with a top rated organization that suits my expertise and experience levels.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience advising international students and scholars
- Wide knowledge of university policies and procedures, program requirements and related academic matters
- Working knowledge of federal immigration regulations for F, J and other visa classifications
- Familiarity with Public relations principles and practices including interviewing techniques
- Proficiency in FileMaker Pro and MS Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent Public speaking skills, communication and writing skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain documentation
International Student Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Boston University, Los Angeles, CA
- Assisted the students in understanding and completing degree requirements.
- Assisted the students with appropriate course registration.
- Worked with university staff and ensured coordination of student inquiries.
- Liaised between student and other University support groups to manage all student needs.
- Encouraged the students to maintain effective connections to the University and its online community of learners.
International Student Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
ASA College, Los Angeles, CA
- Screened initial student requests and advises F-1 and J-1 students and scholars on all matters related to immigration issues.
- Updated and maintained the records of F-1 and J-1 students in the database system.
- Planned and implemented the International Student Orientation each semester.
- Provided the general office support, field telephone calls and inquired from students, faculty and others.
- Accountable for general correspondence, filing, copying, preparing documents and reports as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Bryan College, Dayton, TN
Master’s Degree in International Relations, Holy Names University, Oakland, CA
International Student Advisor Resume
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2023Create Date
- March 1, 2023Last Updated