Fiber Optics Technician Resume
Here is the Fiber Optics Technician Resume example:
2498 Beechwood Drive
Hanover, MD 21076
Job Objective Seeking a Fiber Optics Technician position in an organization where I can utilize my skills and be an asset to the employer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in fiber optics, optical assembly and electro-optics manufacturing
- Sound knowledge of fiber optic cable testing, splicing and provisioning
- In-depth knowledge of electronics theory and circuitry and data communications network operation
- Familiarity with tap couplers, wavelength division multiplexers, isolators, circulators, optical amplifiers, and hybrid components
- Skilled in operating optical spectrum analyzers, optical fusion splicers, tunable laser sources, oscilloscopes, function generators, optical power meters, multi-meters, and attenuators
- Excellent understanding of specified data communications protocols and standards such as TCP/IP, ATM, SONET, and Frame Relay.
- Proficient with Visio, MS Outlook, MapPoint 2004
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings of complex electronic circuits
Fiber Optics Technician
Yoh Services, Hanover, MD
August 2005 – Present
- Reviewed, validated, developed and processed telecommunications requirements.
- Analyzed and provided technical solutions for customer service requests.
- Performed installation and handling optical transmission systems.
- Monitored workers while doing cable placement and splicing.
Fiber Optics Technician
YorNetwork, LLC, Hanover, MD
May 2000 – July 2005
- Surveyed sites for building requirements and equipment space availability.
- Installed and tested fiber optic patch cords.
- Supervised cable splicing and fiber acceptance testing.
- Monitored installations, equipment placement and testing.
- Prepared status report and performed cable locates.
Bachelor’s Degrees in Electrical Engineering
J. F. Drake State Technical College, Huntsville, AL
609 West Main Street
New Mexico, 87109
Objective To secure the position of fiber optics technician in a reputed company that utilizes my experience in fiber terminating, fiber splicing and installation for the benefit of the company.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Wide knowledge of data network cabling.
- Proficient in Windows 7 Ultimate, XP and Vista, Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet
- Structured cabling experience
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Fiber Optic Technician, from 2006 to till date
Tele Atlas N.V., NM
- Installed and troubleshot lasers, optical systems, fiber optic devices and telecommunications equipment.
- Installed Digital and Hi Definition cable boxes and related equipment
- Troubleshot systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage
Fiber Optic Technicians, from 2004 to 2006
Telco Systems, Inc., NM
- Installed and maintained base communication cabling infrastructure including fiber optics and copper.
- Developed, installed and operated laser systems.
Bachelor of Science, Fiber Optics, 2003
University of Maryland College Park