Sales Tax Auditor Resume
Here is the Sales Tax Auditor Resume example:
2678 Memory Lane
Rockford, IL 61101
Job Objective I aim to secure a Sales Tax Auditor position within a growing company in which I can utilize my training and skills.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Solid Sales tax Audit, Compliance, and Research experience in a multi-state tax environment
- Good understanding of complex tax concepts and excise tax laws
- Familiarity with state and local legislative tax policy initiatives impacting the company
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to inform taxpayers regarding issues and discrepancies
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills
- Superior communication and presentation skills
Sales Tax Auditor, August 2005 – Present
Nauticus Group, Rockford, IL
- Evaluated taxpayer accounting systems, internal controls.
- Performed professional tax audits and reviews.
- Developed payment schedules and provided detailed explanations and interpretations.
- Managed to research potential modifications to existing law.
- Ensured to update sales tax law changes and auditing procedures.
- Ensured to adhere to City’s tax and licensing codes and procedures.
Sales Tax Auditor, May 2000 – July 2005
Minnesota Department of Revenue, Rockford, IL
- Prepared audit work papers; note errors, procedures and improvements.
- Provided services and support to taxpayers to resolve complex issues.
- Resolved complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Suggested improvements regarding fiscal standards to enhance revenue.
- Managed to exchange information, ideas and concepts with other Cities and agencies to enhance code compliance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Middle Georgia College, Cochran, GA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated