Recreational Therapist Resume
Here is the Recreational Therapist Resume example:
1343 Romines Mill Road
Dallas, TX 75201
Job Objective To obtain a position as Recreational Therapist where I can maximize my skills and also contribute to the development of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience with therapeutic recreational services, activities and programs
- Outstanding knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques
- Thorough knowledge of working in acute care, assisted living and other healthcare setting
- Good understanding of abuse reporting protocols
- Familiarity with recreational therapy and therapeutic recreation programs.
- Amazing ability to develop recreational therapy plans
- Ability to design, implement, and coordinate therapeutic programming
- Immense ability to build positive working relations with patients and colleagues
- Remarkable ability to provide therapies independently or in groups
Red Wing Health Center, Dallas, TX
August 2007 – Present
- Developed recreational therapy programs to improve patient’s social and physical functional behaviors.
- Observed and recorded patient’s daily progress.
- Revised therapy programs according to changing needs of patients.
- Assisted in admission and discharge planning activities.
- Encouraged patient’s participation in recreational activities.
- Planned and coordinated special events.
- Communicated therapy equipment and supplies needs to Manager.
- Attended educational trainings for professional growth.
St. Elizabeths Medical Center, Dallas, TX
May 2004 – July 2007
- Provided recreational therapy services based on Physician’s order.
- Conducted patient assessment to determine their abilities, needs and impairments.
- Recommended changes to recreational programs to meet patient’s therapy goals.
- Maintained documentations of patient assessment and treatment activities.
- Served as Instructor for Recreational Therapist Interns.
- Educated patients and families about therapy procedures.
- Developed recreational activities such as art, sports, games, crafts and music for patients based on their interests.
- Reported recreational equipment repair requests to Manager.
Master’s Degree in Recreational Therapy
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy
Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated