Reimbursement Specialist Resume
Here is the Reimbursement Specialist Resume example:
1941 Geraldine Lane
New York, NY 10013
Job Objective To secure a position as Reimbursement Specialist with a reputable company where my skills can grow and help strengthen the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge Medical billing and reimbursement experience
- Wide knowledge of CPT and ICD 9 CM coding, governmental and HIPAA mandated patient confidentiality regulations
- Ability to provide education and trend analysis related to reimbursement
- Good understanding of third party and government payer regulations
- In-depth knowledge of collection procedures and medical terminology
- Extensive knowledge of HCFA 1500, UB 92, ICD9 and CPT coding
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Web-enabled applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
UPMC, New York, NY
May 2006 – Present
- Developed the accurate clean claims and submitted to third party payers and patients.
- Handled all the explanations of Benefits.
- Gathered the information from carrier and patient when services billed are rejected.
- Checked all the admission forms and Medicare waiver are obtained back.
- Gathered monthly collection and DSO (Days Sales Outstanding).
Organogenesis, Inc, New York, NY
March 2003 – April 2006
- Checked the patient’s insurance benefits.
- Recognized the network providers, provider restrictions, co-pays as needed.
- Documented the activities appropriately in progress notes.
- Prepared the written communication to customers regarding reimbursement status.
- Communicated with the team members on an as needed basis.
- Gathered and entered the data for distributor referral cases.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration
Clermont College, Batavia, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated