Insurance Clerk Resume
Here is the Insurance Clerk Resume example:
812 Robinson Switch Rd
Marcus Hook, PA 19061
Job Objective To obtain an Insurance Clerk position in a company that will allow me to grow with the company.
Insurance Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Farmers Insurance Group, Marcus Hook, PA
- Prepared and submitted itemized and summary billings to patients, guarantors and third-party carriers as indicated.
- Processed electronic claims to the specified third party carriers and maintained a working knowledge of the appropriate edits.
- Assisted in processing patient statements.
- Coordinated and worked closely with the admitting clerks and business office manager to update knowledge of billing requirements and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct.
- Accomplished to possess a broad understanding and working knowledge of the various types of patient Insurance accounts.
Insurance Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Kishwaukee Community Hospital, Marcus Hook, PA
- Coordinated with various insurance carriers to notify them of a patient’s admission or placement to an observation status.
- Scheduled selective procedures and ensured diagnostic studies for life and health insurance.
- Managed to pre-certify elective diagnostic studies, interventional procedures and surgeries, verified eligibility through electronic transmission and verbal communication.
- Adhered to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Maintained confidentiality and protected sensitive data.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of various insurance policies
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Excellent Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access)
Associate Degree in Insurance, Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated