Court Interpreter Resume
Here is the Court Interpreter Resume example:
2112 Friendship Lane
Oakland, CA 94612
Job Objective Looking to fill a position as Court Interpreter in which to put my talents and experience to work for company increasing clientele and enhancing company growth.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of interpretation and translation of court orders, testimony and written documents
- In-depth knowledge of language-specific grammar, vocabulary and syntax
- Remarkable knowledge of courtroom protocols, interpreter ethics and legal terminology
- Familiarity with using computer, copiers, Microsoft Office software and courtroom audio equipment
- Ability to prepare and deliver precise and correct interpretations and sight translations
- Ability to communicate with court staff, officials and public in a professional and diplomatic manner
Superior Court of California, Salinas, CA
August 2012 – Present
- Attended court hearings to listen speakers’ statements and testimony and simultaneously interpret them.
- Conductedand provided sight interpretation of Affidavits and other legal documents.
- Translated various legal documents and checked for errors in technical terms and terminology.
- Identified a variety of speech patterns and reviewedtheir vocabulary and phrases.
- Utilized reference materials and operated electronic listening systems, to perform work.
- Developed and maintained positive professional relationships with court officials, attorneys, and judges.
Sacramento Superior Court, Sacramento, CA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Deliveredinterpretation services and assisted with translation of linguistic communication for court.
- Translated and interpreted witness testimony, attorney arguments, and judge orders.
- Attended court proceedings, and completed all assignments according to standard practices and rules as prescribed.
- Completed all assigned tasks and prepared daily activity logs and documentation on time.
- Prepared and provided sight translations of jury instructions, court exhibits, and legal documents.
- Educated witness about court procedures and informed court about issues and situations affecting interpretation activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation
Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated