Assistant Librarian Resume Example
Here is the Assistant Librarian Resume example:
2737 Jefferson Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Job Objective A talented Assistant Librarian with great skills and experience looking for a job in a well known organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in performing management and maintenance of library
- Immense knowledge of library collection development and creation of LibGuides
- Extensive knowledge of using MS Office, database and electronic resources
- Familiarity with children’s literature and various library technologies
- Ability to develop, execute and manage various library programs
- Ability to interact with library staff, patrons and public in a friendly manner
Ivy Tech Community College
August 2012 – Present
- Developed library collection and maintained library materials, under supervision of Head Librarian.
- Set up, managed and provided access to library reference systems
- Organized, managed, and updated online catalogs and electronic information resources.
- Planned, conducted, and coordinated library programs and outreach events.
- Trained and assisted patrons and staff in use of library resources, card catalogs, and digital information systems.
- Mentored and supervised volunteer assistants, as directed by Head Librarian.
Boston Public Schools
May 2009 – July 2012
- Obtained, cataloged, stored, and maintained all books, publications, and other library resources.
- Handled and responded to information requests from patrons in a timely manner.
- Located and issued appropriate library publications and materials to patrons.
- Received, checked, and placed returned books and other library materials on designated shelves.
- Prepared list of overdue books and sent overdue notices to relevant patrons.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with staff and library users.
Associate Degree in Library Science
Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated