Cataloging Librarian Resume
Here is the Cataloging Librarian Resume example:
3504 Crosswind Drive
Madisonville, KY 42431
Job Objective To obtain a Cataloging Librarian position in an organization where I can use my skills to benefit and enrich my knowledge.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Relevant experience of handling and cataloging library information resources
- Thorough knowledge of cataloging standards, AACR2 rules, MARC records format, and Dewey Decimal Classification
- Commendable knowledge of automated library system and metadata standards
- Familiarity with print and electronic reference resources and serials cataloging
- Ability to communicate staff, patrons and public in a professional manner
- Ability to develop and maintain original and accurate cataloging records
Morehead State University
August 2012 – Present
- Checked andcatalogued incoming library publications and information resources.
- Created, updated and maintained all library catalogs and cataloging records.
- Instructed and assisted patrons and staff in locating and using library information resources.
- Compiled informationand prepared descriptive summaries related to library materials.
- Oversaw and assisted with collection development and circulation activities, as requested.
- Interpreted and complied with standards related to cataloging and metadata.
University of Denver
May 2009 – July 2012
- Ordered, cataloged and maintained all print and electronic library resources.
- Developed, implemented, and revised cataloging policies and procedures of library.
- Developed, updated, and uploaded library catalogs to library management system.
- Handled and resolved catalog related queries and issues of library staff.
- Attended staff meetings and conferences and participated in professional development programs.
- Mentored, trained, and directed all assigned library staff and student assistants.
Master’s Degree in Library Science
Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, NC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated