Dispatch Clerk Resume Example
Here is the Dispatch Clerk Resume example:
812 Robinson Switch Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55450
Job Objective To obtain a Dispatch Clerk position that will allow me to utilize my skills and has potential for growth.
Dispatch Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Ahern Rentals Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Interpreted, analyzed, scheduled, dispatch and route records and correspondence.
- Dispatched oversized loads to out hauling companies.
- Cleared, updated and completed customer records.
- Ensured accurate billing through the use of user friendly, menu-driven programs.
- Dispatched drivers throughout local City areas and maintained accurate record of driver logs and ensured maintenance and safety of trucks.
- Worked closely with sales staff in scheduling deliveries and pickups of equipment.
- Maintained accurate record of driver DVIR and logs; made sure trucks are safe and maintained and repaired when needed.
Dispatch Clerk, March 2002 – April 2004
Ryder Logistics & Transportation, Minneapolis, MN
- Coordinated with customers and salesmen for delivery directions and ensured that all trucks remain legal and State inspection and DOT ready.
- Assisted in transferring equipment between cities and communicate with other dispatch managers.
- Communicated with stores about equipment in dispatch and coordinated for instructions when equipment to be delivered has problems.
- Assigned field service technicians to field repairs in accordance to urgency and communicated with customers accordingly.
- Communicated with customers on location of off-rented equipment and with repair shops on repairs.
- Assigned drivers pick up’s according to need of more deliveries, location, age of off rent, need of equipment type.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Possess fundamental knowledge of dispatching duties and techniques
- Ability to interpret maps
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work any shift assigned, which may include overtime, emergency callouts, weekends and holidays
- Excellent professional phone skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer oriented personality
Associate Degree in Public Relations, Cuyahoga Community College District, Cleveland, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated