Dock Supervisor Resume
Here is the Dock Supervisor Resume example:
2012 Filbert Street
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Job Objective Searching for an opportunity to use my years of experience and training as Dock Supervisor to help growing company meet their goals.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge supervisory experience in Warehouse and transportation environment
- Sound knowledge general freight, imports and exports and hazardous materials
- Deep knowledge of proper freight proper loading and unloading techniques
- In-depth knowledge of safe lifting techniques, and DOT rules and regulations
- Solid understanding of business financial principles including P & L’s, budgets, payroll, financial reporting and expense control.
- Proficient in AS/400, and MS Office suite
- Familiarity with WMS and RF Systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Remarkable ability to drive and operate forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
Dock Supervisor, August 2005 to till date
Dayton Freight Lines, Inc., Fort Washington, PA
- Compiled production and service records and measured conformance to pre-determined standards.
- Reviewed logs and reports and identified administrative support function requirements.
- Maintained superior internal and external customer relations, consistent with company policies.
- Inspected service center regarding standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Supervised movement of expedited, late and special circumstance freight.
- Handled special assignments timely and effectively.
Dock Supervisor, June 2002 to July 2005
The Gilbert Company, Fort Washington, PA
- Supervised labor in the operation of the Dock.
- Planned, directed and coordinated all facets of unloading and loading of trailers, and yard jockey activities.
- Monitored dock activity and ensure compliance to productivity metrics and company policy and procedure.
- Supervised and ensured employees load for axle and employed proper Hazmat segregation rules in the loading of trailers.
- Performed administrative duties related to dock operation.
- Assisted in hiring, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions of employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Lackawanna College, Scranton, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated