Freight Broker Resume
Here is the Freight Broker Resume example:
3109 McDonald Avenue
Job Objective Seeking a Freight Broker position with reputable organization in which my experience can be a positive influence on the growth of company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in Freight Brokerage industry
- Thorough knowledge of dispatching freight and transportation industry and freight brokerage strategies
- Solid understanding of Logistics and Transportation
- Sound knowledge of carrier alternatives, pricing, and geography
- Proficient in MS Office suite and transportation software FMS
- Ability to process and book a high volume of freight transactions
- Ability to foresee potential logistical problems
- Strong communication skills
Freight Broker, August 2005 – Present
RR Donnelley, Orlando, FL
- Solicited profitable freight brokerage business by marketing transportation capability via direct sales calls, telephone and direct mail marketing activity.
- Handled brokered freight and negotiated freight rates.
- Received and maintained data for brokerage customer orders.
- Ensured brokerage customers have an approved line of credit.
- Followed up on any past due accounts.
- Ensured that a signed carrier contract and insurance certificate showing adequate coverage is on file before the carrier is used.
Freight Broker, May 2000 – July 2005
Growmark, Inc., Orlando, FL
- Managed brokering freight, third party logistics, dispatched and assigned transportation vendors based on client demands and service requirements.
- Handled Cold calling carriers and negotiated rates.
- Ensured adherence to internal and external customer requirements through efficient, profitable, and timely movement of freight.
- Collaborated with team leaders to develop the most cost effective transportation model and executed model.
Associate Degree in Business Administration, North Hennepin Community College, Brooklyn Park, MN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated