Communications Assistant Resume
Here is the Communications Assistant Resume example:
5327 N Barranca Ave
San Francisco, CA, 94158
Objective To obtain a Communications Assistant position in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my administrative skills and acquire new abilities.
Summary of Skills:
- Certified Communication Assistant with experience in maintenance of a speakerâ€™s bureau of professionals and consumers
- Deep knowledge of social networking tools
- In-depth knowledge in marketing, media relations and communications
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing, verbal, spelling, grammar, proofreading, and research skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and manage conflicts constructively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access)
Communications Assistant, August 2005 to till date
Brookdale Senior Living Inc., San Francisco, CA
- Maintained the corporate website.
- Produced quarterly electronic newsletter.
- Managed external communication associated with building support at the community level in housing development projects.
- Wrote and distributed press releases and news advisories.
- Performed calendar listings, sent fact sheets, PSAs, op-eds, editorials, letters to the editor
- Assisted in writing and editing brochures, postcards, profiles, Web site stories, newsletter stories and blast e-mails.
- Initiated and maintained social networking accounts and organizational blogs.
Communications Assistant, May 2000 to July 2005
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, San Francisco, CA
- Assisted with data entry and provided general office support.
- Acted as first point of contact for organizational inquiries via email.
- Created an annual task calendar for marketing and media relations activities.
- Worked with designers, printers, mail houses and other vendors to carry jobs from design to completion.
- Assisted with research, analysis and planning that helped the organization to better communicate with its constituencies.
- Copyedited, proofread and designed expertise.
- Provided general office support.
Associate degree in Public Relations , George Washington University, Washington, DC