Interpreter Resume Example
Here is the Interpreter Resume example:
2141 Springdale Rd SW, Apt 411
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
A highly talented Interpreter with huge experience in language interpretation, providing an essential service, giving assistance to non-English speaking parties; deep background in performing a wide variety of language interpretation activities for the parties; Sound knowledge of the general subject of the speeches that are to be interpreted; General erudition and intimate familiarity with both cultures; Extensive vocabulary in both languages; Profound ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely on both languages; Excellent note-taking technique for consecutive interpreting.
InterpreterJanuary 2007 – Present
Conduit Language Specialists, Colorado Springs, CO
- Checked original texts or conferred with authors to ensure that translations retain the content meaning, and feeling of the original material.
- Discussed translation requirements with clients, and determined any fees to be charged for services provided.
French Translation InternMay 2004 – December 2006
United Nations, New York, NY
- Traveled with and guided tourists who speak another language.
- Educated students, parents, staff and teachers about the roles and functions of educational interpreters.
- Adapted software and accompanied technical documents to another language and culture.
- Followed ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
Masters Degree in Language and Literature
Stanford University, CA, 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Language and Literature
Stanford University, CA, 1997
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Good numeracy skills and a knowledge of statistics
- A high standard of computer literacy
Awards and Honors
American Literary Translators Association, Member
American Translators Association, Member
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2023Create Date
- March 1, 2023Last Updated