Television News Producer Resume Example
Here is the Television News Producer Resume example:
587 Bridge Street
Tulsa, OK 74120
Job Objective Looking for work as a Television News Producer that will enable me to make positive contributions to company by utilizing my prior training in this field.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in producing live television news broadcasts
- Operational knowledge of the news and video editing systems
- Deep knowledge of the computer systems used in the newsroom
- Solid news judgment, with wide knowledge of current local news and newsmakers
- Familiarity with non-linear and desktop-based editing systems
- Proficient with Avid, internet production tools, MS Office and Wide Orbit
- Ability to show and tell compelling news story with strong visual elements
- Ability to produce newscasts in a live and live-to-tape news wheel operation
- Ability to produce news stories and segments with little supervision
- Ability to shoot and edit videos
Television News Producer, April 2008 – Till Date
YNN Syracuse, Tulsa, OK
- Administered the newscast by developing the story line and making the appropriate inserts to it.
- Created the scripts for the anchors, wrote the stories to be precise and interesting to enable the news to hold interest of the viewer.
- Designed the graphic required to support the stories by coordinating with the artists for the show.
- Prepared special reports for the newscasts as per the direction of the News Director.
- Recommended story ideas in the meetings by having a thorough knowledge of the local and the national market.
Television News Producer, January 2004 – March 2008
Meredith Corporation, Tulsa, OK
- Reviewed the news to be telecast to ensure there are no mistakes.
- Created teasers and promotions with the assistance of the creative department for the upcoming shows and newscasts.
- Ensured that the pre -production materials and graphics are ready at the time of the newscast to be aired.
- Prepared interview segments of the show and selected guests to be on the segment and booked them.
- Participated in the daily meetings and determined the content of the days broadcast with the help of editorial staff, photographers and the production team.
- Managed the time the show is on air, ensured that the commercial content also goes on air within the show.
- Reviewed the newscast on a daily basis and find ways to improve it to garner more viewership.
Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism, Irvine Valley College, Irvine, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated