3853 Margaret Street
Houston, TX 77063
Job Objective To use my skills and abilities to obtain a position within an organization as a Clinical Coding Specialist in my chosen field. Years of education and experience can help better the company as well.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in assigning appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes
- In-depth knowledge of Medical Review Polices (LMRP) and Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits
- Sound knowledge of E&M guidelines and assignment for EMTC coding positions
- Thorough knowledge of clinical trial methodology, coding and medical terminology
- Good understanding of anatomy, physiology and disease processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (word, excel)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, high attention to detail, excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound ability to handle stress and tight deadlines with a good attitude
Clinical Coding Specialist, May 2006 – Present
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Utilized the International Classified Disease, Clinical Modification and the Current Procedural Terminology classification systems to select appropriate codes.
- Reviewed and determined appropriate procedure and diagnosis codes.
- Initiated high-level decision-making skills by reviewing and appending codes.
- Managed to meet department accuracy & production standards.
- Compiled reports with pertinent statistical data.
- Ensured to attend training classes to update knowledge of coding.
Clinical Coding Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Novartis, Houston, TX
- Participated in initiatives to improve the coding processes and systems.
- Reviewed validation and planned coding section.
- Resolved coding problems in consultation with related persons and organizations.
- Ensured consistency of coding across and within projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Tusculum College, Greeneville, TN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated