Coding Auditor Resume Example
Here is the Coding Auditor Resume example:
2141 Mount Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Objective Seeking work as a Coding Auditor with company to advance my skills and career in this field.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in all phases of acute care facility coding and abstracting
- Broad Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, HCPCS, DRG’s, APR-DRG’s, APG’s, and POA determination
- In-depth knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding principles, government regulation, protocols and third party requirements
- Outstanding ability to constantly code at 90% accuracy
- Great ability to efficiently present information to individuals and groups
- Ability to prepare reports and procedure manuals
- Proficient with MS Office tools and coding related software applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Coding Auditor, August 2005 – Present
Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Frankenmuth, MI
- Audited inpatient records for quality of coding in coordination with the Clinical Documentation Specialists.
- Assisted the Coding Supervisor with the education, training and auditing of new coders charts.
- Served as back up for coding, billing and abstracting of outpatient.
- Performed on difficult medical record documentation in consultation with physicians, residents and other health care professionals.
- Completed statistical forms and managed to track logs.
- Performed addition duties as assigned.
Coding Auditor, May 2000 – July 2005
Precyse Solutions, Frankenmuth, MI
- Performed inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency room, outpatient coding.
- Utilized various coding books, procedure manuals and on-line encoders as a resource.
- Conducted peer reviews to ensure compliance with coding guidelines.
- Maintained strict patient and physician confidentiality.
- Provided expanded services to clients such as Billing Review, Charge Description Master Review support, consulting services, etc.
- Acted as liaison with client HIM Department contact.
Associate Degree in Health Information Technology, Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated