350 Prestwick Ave
Westerly, RI, 2891
Objective To seek a responsible and challenging Critical Care Technician position by associating with a growing organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively in stressful situations
- Capable to prioritize and demonstrate critical thinking under pressure
- Ability to effectively and correctly identify cardiac rhythms
- Amazing ability to prioritize and organize workload by anticipating needs of patients, staff and unit including care of equipment
- Ability to remain calm in stressful and sometimes unpleasant situations
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Critical Care Technician, August 2005 to till date
Sinai Hospital, Westerly, RI
Monitored cardiac rhythms for the ICU and telemetry patients on the Medical Surgical floor and central oxygen monitoring.
Provided comfort measures, toileting, personal hygiene, mobility and safety interventions for patients, which promoted the return to wellness.
Obtained and recorded vital signs, changed simple un-sterile dressings.
Aided in set up for procedures, collected ordered specimens, and assisted with admits and transfers.
Reported any unusual findings to professional nursing staff.
Maintained a clean, safe, orderly environment for patients and staff including proper storage of unused equipment and emptying of linen hampers.
Maintained adequate supplies and functional equipment to ensure optimal and cost effective patient care.
Critical Care Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
Doctors Community Hospital, Westerly, RI
Monitored basic EKG rhythms and reported changes and abnormalities to the RN.
Performed relief unit clerk and monitor tech (USR) duties as needed.
Collected specimens and conducted on-unit testing appropriately and reported generation for specific laboratory tests.
Conducted various cardiology functions and physical therapies to meet patient’s therapy plans and treatment goals.
Conducted other monitoring and equipment cleaning as specified.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science, Saint Leo University, St Leo, FL
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated