3473 N Canoe Creek Rd
Brook Park, OH, 44142
Job Objective To obtain a HIM Clerk position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
HIM Clerk, May 2004 – Present
HCA Inc., Brook Park, OH
- Coordinated with Nursing Units; Emergency Rooms and other ancillary departments to locate and check out requested charts.
- Managed to pull requested charts for reviews.
- Administered to handle walk-in, phone and faxed requests for patient medical records in a timely and courteous manner.
- Managed other outpatient record types (consulting, lab, x-ray, physical therapy, etc.) have been coded with and without typed reports depending on the provided written documentation.
- Ensured assembles and logs; and analyzed day surgery medical records in a timely manner, as needed.
- Obtained supplies from the purchasing dept.
HIM Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Catholic Healthcare West, Brook Park, OH
- Performed weekly follow up of records signed out of department through the use of the Record Locator module.
- Ascertained tracking untimely returns, notify appropriate individuals and updated system.
- Ensured timely completion of Death Certificates within city regulations.
- Managed reimbursement receipts in accordance with accounting policies; and prepared deposits and check request with accuracy and timely fashion.
- Maintained an orderly work area; received, sorted and delivered mails to appropriate individuals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain outpatient records
- Sound Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Ability to work effectively with common office software and databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to file, alphabetize documents and to be detail in orientation
- Excellent ability to perform duties such as filing, typing, faxing, answering phone
Associate Degree in Medical Office Assistant, Owens Community College, Perrysburg, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated