1978 Jarvisville Road
Manhattan, NY 10016
Job Objective Seeking a position as Mining Safety Manager in a reputed organization where I can utilize my knowledge and experience.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in construction and mining industry
- Skilled in managing a safety department in a mining and other high speed production industrial environment
- Profound knowledge of production equipment with mechanical and maintenance aptitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Thorough knowledge of MSHA regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mining Safety Manager
Granite Construction, Manhattan, NY
August 2005 – Present
- Administered, directed and managed compliance with the company safety.
- Investigated, prepared and maintained a record of all third party, asset loss and workers compensation claims.
- Initiated, performed and documented jobsite inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition.
- Coordinated and participated in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure adherence with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinated and controlled the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of work to ascertain its safe completion.
Mining Safety Manager
Atkinson Construction, Manhattan, NY
May 2000 – July 2005
- Assured adherence with all applicable federal and state health and safety regulations.
- Ensured necessary records are maintained at each site and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Participated in Mining Health & Safety Administration (MSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Audited visitor logs and assured contractor’s on-site are on the master contractor list.
- Obtained renewal insurance certificates for approved contractors.
- Notified designated employees in advance that certificates are about to expire and when contractors have been suspended.
- Reviewed and ensured accident reports are completed and forwarded to Director of HR Health & Safety.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
Marian University, Fond du Lac, WI
1234 Main Court
Objective Seeking the position of Mining Safety Manager.
- Interpersonal communication and teamwork
- Knowledge of CAD and computer machinery
- Profound management skills
- knowledge of MSHA, state, and federal safety rules and regulations
- Mining Safety Engineer, 2007 to present
- The Daiei, Inc., CA
Framed and implemented the safety management systems and procedures.
Trained all staff regarding safety measures to ensure a competency based approach.
Identified site risks and requirements around safety behavior.
Safety Engineer, 2005 to 2007
Daiwa Seiko, Inc., CA
- Framed and implemented the safety management systems and procedures.
- Trained all staff regarding safety measures to ensure a competency based approach.
- Identified site risks and requirements around safety behavior.
- Safety Engineer, 2005 to 2007
- Daiwa Seiko, Inc., CA
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, 2003
University of Washington