Admission Nurse Resume
Here is the Admission Nurse Resume example:
1029 Jewell Road
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Job Objective Seeking employment as an Admission Nurse with an expanding doctor’s office that wants vigorous and hard working staff that enables them to meet their goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience working with surgical patients
- In-depth knowledge of Hospice Medicare benefits, and insurance
- Exceptional knowledge on pain & symptom management and spiritual concerns
- Ability to communicate in sensitive, professional and empathetic manner to family and individual facing end of life decisions
- Ability to travel to patients’ homes and provide own transportation in all types of weather
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent assessment and documentation skills
Admission Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Select Medical Corporation, Minneapolis, MN
- Communicated with physician and obtained appropriate medical orders to enhance patient comfort and symptom control.
- Communicated patient and family needs to appropriate members of IDG within 24 hours.
- Coordinated equipment, medications, Home Health Aide and other services needed by patient and family for optimum care and safety.
- Documented details of admissions.
- Participated in on-call rotation.
- Assisted in expeditious patient admission and smooth flow of departmental needs.
Admission Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Trinity Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Conducted initial patient assessment.
- Developed the patient plan of care.
- Identified and communicated changes in patient’s clinical condition with appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Provided age appropriate patient care and education.
- Provided nursing care to patients in their homes at time of admission to agency and return home status.
- Provided timely surgical planning.
- Provided pre-operative instructions and patient teaching.
- Prepared history and consents for patient chart.
- Coordinated necessary pre-op lab work according to anesthesia criteria and physician.
Associate Degree in Nursing, Oregon Coast Community College, Newport, OR
130 Hampshire St
Lincoln, AR 72744
Objective Seeking a responsible role as an Admission Nurse where my skills and knowledge can be enhanced and utilized effectively.
- Immense ability to form relationships and maintain rapport with patients, families, and referral sources.
- Extended demonstration ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care provider.
- Hands on experience in providing home health and hospice nursing.
- Strong observation, verbal and written communication, problem solving skills.
- Wide knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases.
Admission Nurse, 2004 to till date
UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Performed and reviewed admission evaluation and assessment data documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Troubleshot and assisted with reporting issues as it relates to the admission process.
- Scheduled and conducted admissions assessments.
- Ensured timely submission of completed admission assessments with proper follow-up on errors.
- Completed admission, and other visits, as assigned on a daily basis.
Registered Nurse Program in 2004
Columbia University, New York, NY
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, 2003
Yale University, New Haven, CT