Endoscopy Nurse Resume
Here is the Endoscopy Nurse Resume example:
2226 Walnut Avenue
Jersey City, NJ7304
Job Objective Looking for a steady employment with a hospital as an Endoscopy Nurse and am prepared to remain long term with the right one.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in endoscopy
- Sound knowledge of HCA’s and St. David’s “Patient First” safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in Meditech and computers
- Ability to work with patients ranging in life span from infants to geriatric
- Abilityto work autonomously, set priorities, and make independent decisions of a complex nature
- Excellent interpersonal and patient education skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Endoscopy Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Jersey City, NJ
- Obtained history, patient’s development status, behavior, cultural, and health concerns from patient and family.
- Examined patient to obtain objective physical data.
- Assessed clinical data from diagnostic studies and previous records.
- Completed physical and psychosocial assessment based on interview, examination and review of clinical data.
- Identified nursing diagnoses and patient care problems.
- Documented data and assessment on appropriate form according to instructions.
- Collaborated with the multidisciplinary team to address patient needs.
Endoscopy Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Bartlett Regional Hospital, Jersey City, NJ
- Maintained safe and therapeutic environment.
- Implemented and directed care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual patients.
- Participated in GI Lab specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Supervised new employees, patient care assistant, vocational nurses, student nurses.
- Educated patient and family in endoscopy.
- Maintained confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Managed budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
- Cared intensively for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
B.S in Nursing and Caring, Centre College, Danville, KY
2134 S Acama St
Brea, CA 92821
Objective To obtain a position as Endoscopy Nurse for health maintenance organization, utilizing writing, research, and leadership skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology in relation to endoscopy and the gastrointestinal tract.
- Proficient at decontamination of endoscopy equipment in accordance with BSG guidelines.
- Wide knowledge of gastroenterology and conscious sedation.
- Strong patient education and communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Substantial background in clinical nursing skills, and Endoscopy nursing experience.
Endoscopy Nurse, 2004 to till date
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Identified physical symptoms and changes and took appropriate action.
- Provided the necessary professional and clinical practice support for the team and peers.
- Assisted physician during endoscopic procedures.
- Managed and operated equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintained endoscopic equipment according to guidelines, regulations, laws and manufacturers instructions.
ACLS Certification, 2004
University of Texas Austin, Austin, TX
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI