Intake Nurse Resume
Here is the Intake Nurse Resume example:
2611 Cherry Camp Road
Career Objective Actively seeking an Intake Nurse position that allows me to advance my career in this field.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in nursing practice
- Huge knowledge of home health and hospice regulations
- Exceptional knowledge of basic insurance coverage, reimbursement and benefit management
- Good knowledge of computers
- Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
- Abilityto work with others
Intake Nurse, August 2005 – Present
UPMC, Chicago, IL
- Obtained and documented all pertinent demographic and insurance information on an intake form.
- Documented pharmacy, nursing, and other medical services requested then forwarded on to the appropriate clinician for clinical verification.
- Verified insurance, in the absence of the Insurance Verification Specialist.
- Documented necessary financial paperwork required for patient signature upon entry to care.
- Obtained the necessary signed paperwork back from the patient in order to submit for reimbursement.
- Maintained documents of all pertinent demographic medical service requirements, and insurance information.
- Participated in the decision to accept or deny a patient for home health care services.
- Provided skilled, appropriate, efficacious professional nursing care to patients in their place of residence.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Practitioner, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
196 Lookabill Rd
Sandy, OR 97055
Objective To secure a responsible and challenging position as an Intake Nurse.
- Immense ability to care for patients at all levels.
- Greater ability to answers incoming referral calls in a timely manner and with positive communication skills.
- Strong ability to establish positive working relationships with referral sources.
- Solid documenting skills.
- Substantial written and oral communication and problem solving skills
Intake Nurse, 2004 to till date
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Monitored patient’s recovery and performed nursing procedures in accordance with patient plan.
- Collected medical-history information and discussed medication histories and plan of care.
- Answered all calls in a timely manner.
- Evaluated referral information and forwarded to service coordinators.
- Distributed appropriate medication to patients upon checkout.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), 2004
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA