Military Nurse Resume Example
Here is the Military Nurse Resume example:
317 Virginia Street
Chicago, IL 60607
Job Objective A position as a Military Nurse in order to use past experience and skills to further grow and develop the hospital.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of processes related to adjudication decisions, appeals, record of proceedings and disposition
- Huge knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and precedents of VASRD and DES and Military Department specific PEBs and Medical Evaluation Boards (MEB)
- Ability to maintain high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, and respect for case review applicants
- Ability to interface and coordinate the with DoD, Military Departments and other governmental agencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong management and organizational skills
Military Nurse, August 2005 – Present
U.S. Army, Chicago, IL
- Monitored wounds for infection.
- Prepared patients for surgeries and debridement.
- Planned and implemented preoperative and postoperative care.
- Evaluated the efficacy of the method used to reduce postsurgical swelling in the residual limb and reapplying it when necessary and appropriate.
- Educated injured how to care for themselves.
- Provided emotional support and maintained safe and healthy environment.
Military Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Armed Forces Services Corporation, Chicago, IL
- Performed medical case analysis on Department of Defense (DoD) physical disability ratings rendered by the respective Military Department and the Coast Guard.
- Conducted internal review of case folders to ensure all medical documents are provided.
- Designed and presented draft record of proceedings for adjudicators.
- Interpreted Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Schedule Ratings of Disability (VASRD) and relevant DoD and Service specific disability evaluation system (DES) regulations.
- Ensured information is efficiently transferred the adjudicative and analytic process.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN
325 S Pine St
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Objective Looking forward to join in the US Military, as a nurse and extend a helping hand to this noble profession.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the critical care nursing field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of nursing.
- Expert in the tracheotomy care, physical therapy, ventilator and dressing of burn patients.
- Extensive experience in treating patients, healing from surgery for stab and gun shot wounds.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills.
Nurse, 2004 to till date
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Measured vitals, treated both complex and simple wound dressings and managed triage.
- Monitored the patient’s heart rate, blood pressure and respiration for signs of distress.
- Monitored wounds for any signs of infection.
- Provided assistance and care to the critically ill patient.
- Identified and organized multi-disciplinary resources for patients and their families to help them with inpatient, outpatient and home care.
Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA), 2004
Columbia University, New York, NY
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, CT