NICU Nurse Resume
Here is the NICU Nurse Resume example:
3232 Post Farm Road
Norcross, GA 30092
Career Objective NICU Nurse seeking opportunity to put past training and skills to work for a hospital that is growing.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with experience working in an acute care facility
- Sound knowledge of current principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing
- Deep knowledge of medical terminology and patient care routine appropriate to clinical setting
- Ability to prepare and maintain concise and complete records and reports
- Ability to evaluate the medical records of hospital admissions
- Excellent communication skills
NICU Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Providence Health & Services, Norcross, GA
- Obtained nursing history, documented data, and identified nursing patient care needs.
- Observed and recorded signs, symptoms, and behaviors.
- Performed admission, discharge and transfer procedures, and assisted others with patient’s activities and care.
- Implemented physicians orders for all assigned patients safely and properly administered medications and treatments.
- Collected specimens ensuring correct labeling.
- Supervised staff and maintained cleanliness of area and the ward.
- Recorded physiological status of patient’s reports assessment changes, to the concerned authority.
NICU Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Soliant Health, Norcross, GA
- Assisted physicians in administering treatments and in performing medical examinations, diagnostic tests and surgical operations.
- Counseled and advised patients, families regarding special medical problems and proper health care methods.
- Prepared and maintained concise and complete records and reports.
- Provided orientation and training to new staff, residents, medical students, ROP and nursing students.
B.S in Health Care Administration, Central Pennsylvania College, Summerdale, PA
Objective Seeking the responsible position as a NICU nurse in a well reputed hospital or clinic where my experience and knowledge are fully utilized.
- Proficient in using advance equipments and high tech devices
- Knowledge of the medical treatment and terminology
- Strong child care and planning skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of medical equipments.
- Sound knowledge of birth control, pregnancy and proper infant care.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, March 2007
B.S. in Nursing Degree
License of Registered Nurse
NICU Nurse, from 2007 to till date
Mercer County Hospital, Illinois
- Handled complex patients in the NICU unit
- Provided special care before and after the surgeries.
- Instructed the family of the patients on health care education and on health improvement.
- Assisted the surgeons during operations and provided all kinds of help.
- Managed patient care of newborns and pediatrics.
- Ensured the health of the babies and fed them.