OB Gyn Nurse Resume
Here is the OB Gyn Nurse Resume example:
3529 Oakwood Circle
Irvine, CA 92614
Job Objective Seeking a position as OB Gyn Nurse with a reputable hospital in which my skills and knowledge can help further the development of the hospital.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of Quality improvement and patient safety
- Deep knowledge of regulatory and operational guidelines that govern the relevant clinical area
- Good project management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Remarkable ability to work independently
OB Gyn Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Irvine, CA
- Collaborated with clinical leaders and external vendors in the implementation of Prenatal and Preoperative patient safety initiatives.
- Provided leadership and served as Patient Safety Advocate and Clinical Role Model.
- Helped staff on patient safety projects and participated in root cause analyses.
- Documented and maintained medical reports of patients.
- Maintained confidentiality of patients.
OB Gyn Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Group Health Cooperative, Irvine, CA
- Assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated care for assigned patients.
- Adhered to Standards of Practice for the OB and GYN Unit and managed all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participated in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Cared for patient and educated them on pre-op and post-op surgical cases.
- Assisted in providing care and patient teaching for the post-partum patient.
B.S in Emergency Nursing, Snow College, Ephraim, UT
2545 46th Rd
Dekalb, IL 60115
Objective Looking forward to join your esteemed organization, as an OB GYN Nurse and extend a helping hand to this noble profession.
- Broad experience in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Wide knowledge of female reproductive system from menstruation to menopause including childbirth.
- Proficiency in obstetrics (OB) and preparing the mother for birth and ensuring post-delivery care of mother and child.
- Sound knowledge and experience of rehabilitation support functions.
- Experience in labor, delivery, neonatal nursing, and neonatal intensive care.
OB GYN Nurse, 2004 to till date
Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, Calif.
- Helped gynecologists in birth control-related procedures.
- Educated women regarding sexually transmitted diseases, birth control and pre-natal care.
- Determined fetal heart tones, monitored contractions, and assisted mothers in labor with breathing exercises.
- Prepared women who need cesarean sections and assisted doctors with administering pain medication.
- Applied the mother and infant’s ID bands, weigh and measured the infant, operated OB equipment for nursery care, and assisted with the baby’s care.
OGNP Certification, 2004
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Yale University, New Haven, CT