Oncology Nurse Resume
Here is the Oncology Nurse Resume example:
3641 Hart Country Lane
Lagrange, GA 30240
Job Objective Looking for a steady employment with a hospital as an Oncology Nurse and am prepared to remain long term with the right one.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable Oncology nursing experience
- Huge knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer
- Sound knowledge of psychological effect of a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Oncology Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Allied Health Group, Lagrange, GA
- Developed individualized care plans to varying patients.
- Identified cancer-related problems.
- Conducted thorough oncology research to improve treatments given to cancer patients.
- Educated patients and family members about cancer treatment.
- Monitored the progress of the patient.
- Documented patient’s response to the cancer medications and specific oncology treatments.
Oncology Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
US Oncology, Lagrange, GA
- Provided professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices.
- Recorded patient data prior to each physician visit.
- Administered chemotherapy, hydration and other medications.
- Assisted physician with exams and procedures.
- Performed venipuncture, accessed implanted ports and maintained central lines catheter devices.
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting, Trinity Valley Community College, Athens, TX
6901 West Main 26 Street
Objective To seek employment as an Oncology Nurse in an organization where I can continue to learn new technical nursing competencies and develop professionally as a nurse.
- Immense ability to monitor cancer patients physical conditions and symptoms.
- Expert in medical terminology
- Proficient at pediatric hematology, oncology and breast cancer care.
- Excellent experience in radiation and chemotherapy treatments.
- Have computer skills such as word, outlook, excel and access
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, March 2005
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Major: Emergency Nursing
Certified in Oncology Nursing and Caring
License Practicing Nurse Illinois
Oncology Nurse, from 2007 to till date
Blessing Hospital, Illinois
- Monitored and educated cancer affected patients.
- Conducted and interpreted the diagnostic tests.
- Counseled patients for cancer prevention, screening and detection.
- Collaborated with surgeons and interns to achieve optimum patient care.
- Provided instructions about the precautions to be taken for cancer patients, health care education and disease prevention.
- Administered radiation chemotherapy to patients.
Nurse, from 2005 to 2007
CGH Medical Center, Illinois
- Evaluated and attained health related goals worked in collaboration with families and health professionals.
- Assisted the physician during medical treatment and medical procedures.
- Instructed about radiation therapy and treatment side effects.
- Provided proper knowledge of radiation safety.