PACU Nurse Resume
Here is the PACU Nurse Resume example:
3796 Stroop Hill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318
Job Objective Bringing years of experience as a PACU Nurse to the hospital along with a breath of fresh air as well with new ideas and implementations.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in a hospital Recovery, Theatre and ICU
- Good knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
- Solid understanding of principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Excellent teaching and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
PACU Nurse, August 2005 – Present
United Surgical Partners, Atlanta, GA
- Implemented nursing care plan and maintained patient’s hospital record.
- Obtained signatures on consents, implemented physician orders and provided care for patients.
- Evaluated patients condition, provided patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time.
- Assisted physicians with various tasks, conscious sedation.
- Assessed and evaluated patient condition pre and post operatively.
- Monitored and communicated to physician and anesthesia personnel any changes in patient status.
PACU Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Proctor Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Helped in preparing patients for surgery by providing pre-operative and post-operative instructions.
- Administered to the assessment of physical, pain and emotional needs of patients.
- Interpreted physician’s orders; reviewed lab values, EKG’s and x-ray reports.
- Assessed and documented patients’ medical histories, including allergies and other assessment parameters, per policy.
- Ensured that Standard Universal Precautions and the principles of aseptic and sterile technique are used appropriately.
- Provided assessment of physical, mental, pain and psychosocial health status of the infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations.
Associate Degree in Nursing, Harrisburg Area Community College, Gettysburg, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated