3799 Cherry Ridge Drive
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Job Objective Qualified Pain Nurse seeks a position with a firmly established upper echelon hospital that is looking for applicants who have a large knowledge base as well as training and experience.
Pain Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Boca Raton Community Hospital, Mount Clemens, MI
- Participated in the department and hospital performance improvement program.
- Delegated work to and supervised LPN, PCA and HUC.
- Attended and participated in hospital meetings, forums and seminars.
- Planned monitored and evaluated patients and documented in a thorough, accurate & timely manner.
- Adhered to standard precautions and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Responded to emergency and stressful situations calmly.
- Provided patient care and completed all physician orders, administered medications, treatments, tests and other patient needs.
Pain Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Trinity Regional Medical Center, Mount Clemens, MI
- Assisted in the provision of pain management and the performance of pain management consultations.
- Evaluated and assessed patient medical condition through the use of histories, physical examinations, and review of previous medical records.
- Interpreted and evaluated historical data, laboratory reports, and other tests to accurately determine current health status.
- Administered medications, measures, and treatments to ensure patient comfort and minimize pain and suffering.
- Consulted with physician to determine course of treatment to promote pain management.
- Coordinated the interdisciplinary care of hospitalized patients and their families to ensure the provision of quality pain management during hospitalization including attention to psychosocial and spiritual issues.
- Collaborated with other health care providers and social services in discharge planning to ensure continuity of pain management after discharge.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Registered nurse with extensive clinical experience in the treatment of patients with pain
- In-depth knowledge of causes of pain and modalities of pain control
- Proficient in assessment and documentation of pain
- Skilled at providing assistance, consultation, assessment and monitoring of patients in pain
- Familiarity with DVPMI protocols, anesthesia machines, monitors and equipment
- Ability to educate community and patients on pain management
- Ability to circulate all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures done at the pain management center, including conscious sedation
- Excellent communication skills
- Remarkable ability to work independently
A.S in Nursing, Cuyamaca College, El Cajon, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated