Public Health Nurse Resume
Here is the Public Health Nurse Resume example:
4299 Wilkinson Street
Nashville, TN 37214
Job Objective To obtain a Public Health Nurse with a hospital that challenges me and allows for career development.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Vast clinical experience in community based clinic unit
- Thorough knowledge of community based clinical setting and public health science
- Sound knowledge of the philosophy, principles, practices and theories of nursing
- Ability to identify problems and find ways to resolve them
- Ability to learn more through literature and experience
- Excellent supportive, educative and communication skills
- Strong background in science
Public Health Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Visiting Nurse Association, Nashville, TN
- Performed to promote and preserve the health of the public in general and the individual in particular.
- Implemented the primary health policies as established by the unit or the district.
- Planned systematically the care of the patient with a coordinated approach.
- Developed health-related objectives with consumer and family to reach the goals.
- Evaluated responses to the established plans and recommended modifications.
- Ensured to work towards achieving the ultimate goal of the district.
Public Health Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Nashville, TN
- Provided direct public health nursing services to the community.
- Educated the public about sanitation, immunization and birth control.
- Administered medications under the supervision of physicians.
- Maintained the records of all the symptoms and progress of health conditions.
- Provided clinical supervision to junior staff and other health care personnel.
- Adhered to established health standards and protocols.
B.S in Health Sciences – Public Health, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI
6901 West Main 26 Street
Objective Seeking a challenging and responsible position as a Public Health Nurse in a clinic and hospital to enhance my knowledge and skills.
- Wide knowledge of public health nursing practice and theory.
- Experience in the development and management of the staff, patient care programs and strategies.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Sound knowledge of the health therapies and home treatments
- Excellent management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Technical and practical problem solving skills
Public Health Nurse, from 2007 to till date
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Illinois
- Organized health care services in the Society and communities.
- Planned and evaluated clinical programs and policies.
- Delivered health education programs.
- Educated and counseled patients about health, wellness and parenting.
- Conducted disease screening and delivered immunization programs.
- Conducted immunization and well-child clinics.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, March 2007
B.S. in Nursing Degree
Licensed in Registered Nurse, Illinois