Surgical ICU Nurse Resume Example
Here is the Surgical ICU Nurse Resume example:
4637 Twin House Lane
Job Objective To fill a Surgical ICU Nurse position in order to practice and exert my years of experience to better help the hospital.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of all the equipment’s used in an intensive care unit
- Exceptional knowledge of handling emergency situations in an ICU unit
- Ability to be calm and calm aggressive patients and family members
- Ability to complete paperwork efficiently
- Understanding of pains and sufferings of the patients
- Superior listening and communication skills; part of nursing skills
Surgical ICU Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Hartford Hospital, Joplin, MO
- Checked all the surgical equipment to find them in working conditions.
- Managed to accept and support changes in work assignments.
- Participated in all departmental and hospital wide education offerings.
- Identified patient’s physical and emotional needs and acted accordingly.
- Administered blood and blood products.
- Ensured to comply with all policies, procedures, and strategies for quality results.
Surgical ICU Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Lake City Medical Center, Joplin, MO
- Monitored and recorded data pertaining to artificial airways and mechanically ventilated; that are administered to patient in an ICU unit.
- Provided psychosocial and emotional support to the patients and their family.
- Managed to administer oxygen therapy and pulse oximetry.
- Performed under physicians guidance facilitate quality patient care.
- Adhered to established policies and procedures.
- Ensured to take appropriate steps for infection control and safety management.
B.S in Health Studies – Disaster & Emergency Management, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
1409 Cedar St
Winnsboro, TX 75494
Objective An experienced and competent nurse looking for a position as Surgical ICU Nurse.
- Sound knowledge of handling intensive care units.
- Extensive experience in the tracheotomy care, physical therapy, ventilator and dressing of burn patients.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the division of surgery policies and procedures.
- Broad experience in intensive, critical and neo-natal care, handling critical care unit monitors, ventilators, and ECG machine.
- Hands-on experience in transplant, thoracic surgery, plastic-reconstructive surgeries, vascular surgery, abdominal and ear, nose and throat surgery.
Surgical ICU Nurse, 2004 to till date
Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
- Coordinated patient care with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Planned, implemented, and evaluated the nursing care for assigned patients in accordance with legal, hospital practice and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performed therapeutic and diagnostic procedures and assisted with discharge planning.
- Assisted in caring for the critical care patient.
- Provided the therapies and treatments on scheduled time.
Critical Care Nursing Certification, 2004
Columbia University, New York, NY
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Illinois at Chicago, IL