Visiting Nurse Resume Example
Here is the Visiting Nurse Resume example:
17 James Street
Rochester, NY 14604
Objective To work as a Visiting Nurse at a quality hospital that allows me to use my abilities to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in Visiting Nurse homecare and admissions
- Good understanding of Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill
- Ability to successfully interact with patients, families, staff and management
- Amazing ability to react independently to life threatening situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate in sensitive, professional and empathetic manner to family individual facing end of life decisions
- Superior clinical, teaching and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
Visiting Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Nightingale Home Healthcare, Rochester, NY
- Assessed, planned, provided, and documented nursing care for designated patients in accordance with the physician’s plan of care, and agency policies and procedures.
- Implemented, supervised and coordinated services provided in addition to utilizing agency and community resources to meet patient’s needs.
- Provided supervision to LPNs and aided and completed documentation.
- Collaborated with Case Managers to coordinate patient skilled nursing, preventative and rehab nursing care.
- Counseled patients to participate in treatment plans.
- Communicated with physicians, case managers and other personnel regarding patient care.
Visiting Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Northeast HomeCare, Rochester, NY
- Obtained medical history from the patient and family member.
- Coordinated and supervised the care given by the LPN, Home Health Aide and Personal Care Attendant assigned to provide care to the patient.
- Monitored changes in the patient condition and family and home situation.
- Developed nursing care plan.
- Recorded supervisory visits, evaluated patient care and progress.
- Discharged patients and prepared Discharge Summaries and obtained Discharge orders.
- Maintained confidentiality of client situation, records and services provided according to HIPPA regulations.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Care, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
2755 Sunnyvale Rd
Kelseyville, CA 95451
Objective Seeking to expand my experience as a Visiting Nurse and to enhance my skills & competencies and to serve people.
- Immense ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects.
- Excellent ability to function autonomously as well as to work well with others.
- Strong ability to quickly establish rapport with patients, family and facility staff.
- Wide knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid standards.
- Expert in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook.
Visiting Nurse, 2004 to till date
Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Obtained and recorded medical history from the patient.
- Evaluated the patient’s health status and health care.
- Provided rehabilitation services to patients in their places of residence.
- Recorded vital signs, dressed wounds and changed catheters.
- Developed, monitored & improved nursing quality indicators for critical care areas.
Certified Registered Nurse Hospice (CRNH), 2004
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, CT
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN