Purchasing Agent Resume
Here is the Purchasing Agent Resume example:
3333 W 45th Ave
Nedrow, NY 13120
Job Objective To obtain a Purchasing Agent position in a company that provides an open environment with many opportunities for continuous growth.
Purchasing Agent, May 2004 – Present
Think Energy Group, Nedrow, NY
- Served as to develop, prepare, negotiate and advertise contracts and purchase orders.
- Recommended price adjustments, deviation from contract terms, conditions, delivery schedules and changes.
- Coordinated contract administration through acceptance and payment throughout the life of the contracts.
- Maintained data on requisitions, orders and Supply Fund.
- Monitored work in progress and assured timely accomplishment of assigned workload.
- Executed purchasing strategies with suppliers including on-going negotiations, price management and day-to-day support of efficient supply chain operations.
Purchasing Agent, March 2002– April 2004
Invensys, Nedrow, NY
- Represented a key role in the development and execution of multi-regional procurement strategies including supplier segmentation, bidding, cost analysis and inventory optimization.
- Developed and maintained relationships with both internal customers and suppliers while aggressively driving to results that made company more competitive.
- Managed day-to-day business activities to ensure achievement of annual goals.
- Identified, gathered and analyzed internal and external intelligence such as market trends, supplier capabilities, specification data and customer requirements to optimize long-term purchasing decisions.
- Determined and maintained optimal stock levels through active and effective interaction with warehouse personnel.
Summary of Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of good purchasing practices, contract law, procurement process, and supply chain management
- Excellent understanding of general business processes ( supply chain, procurement planning, costing and finance)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, databases, various purchasing software
- Proven track record of driving successful purchasing strategies
- Skilled in interfacing with high level management of internal and external customers
- Ability to professionally communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Amazing ability to multi task and show attention to detail
- Ability to plan work and work independently
Associate Degree in Accounting, Mayland Community College, Spruce Pine, NC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated