Export Agent Resume Example
Here is the Export Agent Resume example:
2042 County Road 73
Lansing, KS 66043
Job Objective To obtain an Export Agent position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
Export Agent, May 2004 – Present
DHL Global Forwarding, Lansing, KS
- Methodized and proceeded air transportation of commodities for designated shippers from offshore locations to warehouse, other storage facilities or final consignee locations.
- Maintained courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Managed rates for air freight carriers.
- Prepared reports and timely management information as specified and requested.
- Negotiated shipping rates and submitted to Branch Manager for approval.
- Oversaw the routing and rating of all shipments booked.
Export Agent, March 2002- April 2004
Pilot Freight Services, Lansing, KS
- Oversaw the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Ensured all vendors must meet service standards and provided the best possible price and service.
- Established and maintained all necessary procedures to assure clean, organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Developed and maintained successful relationships with local vendors as well as other co-load carriers.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as related to International Air Freight shipments
- Knowledge and experience in PC and Mainframe, spreadsheets and databases (Excel and Access) applications
- Extensive knowledge local, state and federal requirements, regulations and applicable departmental and organizational policies
- Ability to effectively set-up and prepare various files and documents associated with air export transactions
- Familiarity with air cargo handling impact of various commodity types (magnetic, perishable, over-size)
- Proven track record in devising and driving successful purchasing strategies
- Effective problem solving and quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of complex procurement processes
Associate Degree in Business, Haywood Community College, Clyde, NC