Deaf Mentor Resume
Here is the Deaf Mentor Resume example:
3929 Rose Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70171
Job Objective To obtain a Deaf Mentor position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in training, education, and development of deaf clients
- Profound knowledge of language acquisition techniques and American Sign Language principles
- Outstanding knowledge of deaf culture and related community activities
- Proficient in using computer, Microsoft Office software, and internet service
- to maintain confidentiality of client-related information, efficiently
- Ability to finish and submit all required paperwork, accurately and on time
Denver Public Schools, New Orleans, LA
August 2012 – Present
- Taught ASL to deaf clients and interacted with them using ASL with materials and activities.
- Monitored and helped deaf students with academic studies, in an efficient manner.
- Conducted home visits and accompanied them to outdoor activities, as needed.
- Prepared and provided students’ progress reports, on a monthly basis.
- Educated and linked deaf clients and their families with appropriate community resources.
- Established and maintained cordial relationships with parents, teachers, and language interpreters.
ALSTOM, New Orleans, LA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Visited homes of deaf clients and delivered mentoring services in ASL.
- Educated and explained new deaf clients and their families about deaf culture and community.
- Coordinates and refers services of community resources, placement providers, court,
- Coached deaf clients in ASL and communicated with them using ASL, efficiently.
- Created and maintained client-specific records and reports, accurately.
- Adhered to established data privacy procedure and protected confidential client information.
Master’s Degree in Deaf Studies
Johnson State College, Johnson, VT
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated