ASL Teacher Resume Example
Here is the ASL Teacher Resume example:
383 Kelly Drive
Morgantown, WV 26505
Job Objective To obtain a position as an ASL Teacher where my past record speaks for itself and to bring my assets to the job.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience with the current best practices of ASL assessment, ASL curriculum, and ASL instruction
- Exceptional knowledge of linguistic and cultural aspects of American Sign Language
- Outstanding knowledge of techniques for diagnostic assessment of sign language skills, such as the ASL Proficiency Index
- Outstanding ability to use and operate various media equipments (computers, projectors, document cameras, digital cameras, SMART boards, etc)
- Remarkable ability to evaluate students’ abilities and modify lesson plans accordingly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
ASL Teacher, August 2005 – Present
New Horizons Regional Education Center, Morgantown, WV
- Developed and provided career and technical education instruction material.
- Developed and prepared instructional materials and lesson plans including charts.
- Assisted students in completing classroom assignments.
- Followed guidelines whilst monitoring students’ behavior.
- Identified student needs and collaborated with other personnel in assessing and meeting their needs.
- Monitored and maintained classroom inventory levels.
ASL Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Northland Lutheran High School, Morgantown, WV
- Facilitated friendly learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Adopted methods like oral presentation, demonstration, discussion of homework assignments, answering questions, offering laboratory directions, and games etc.
- Planned and executed learning objectives and goals.
- Conducted activities like conferences, seminars and workshops etc.
- Maintained records and documents of student progress.
- Updated student performance to authorities and parents and initiated necessary actions.
- Performed other administrative activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Education, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated