Head Start Teacher Resume Example
Here is the Head Start Teacher Resume example:
4699 Fannie Street
Wharton, TX 77488
Job Objective Seeking position as a Head Start Teacher and I have the required education and am willing to work harder and continue to grow in the industry.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience working as a teacher in an early childhood program
- Thorough knowledge of human development and psychology
- Remarkable knowledge of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP)
- Amazing ability to work with children with special needs
- Remarkable ability to work with administrators, teachers, and parents
- Strong communication skills; with infants and toddlers and their parents
Head Start Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Boston Public Schools, Wharton, TX
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency of basic child development.
- Provided individualized positive interactions with children in a respectful manner.
- Provided daily opportunities to the children to make plans, choices, solve problems review and assess their actions.
- Assisted the designated supervisor in planning an organizing childcare program.
- Attended to the social, emotional, physical, safety and health needs of children.
- Developed teaching plans in accordance with curriculum.
Head Start Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Helix High School, Wharton, TX
- Performed to document and monitor the child’s progress.
- Conducted instruction by following lesson plan to meet individual learning styles.
- Promoted successful classroom performance for each student.
- Encouraged and guided the child to develop a positive self-concept and supported it.
- Maintained an organized, clean classroom and presented interesting ideas.
- Assisted staff with preparing and serving food, eating with the children, and cleaning up after meals.
- Created a developmentally appropriate environment for the child’s comfort.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Green Mountain College, Poultney, VT
2411 W Mulberry St
Jemison, AL 35085
Objective Obtain a challenging teaching position as a Head Start Teacher utilizing creativity and a genuine desire to educate.
Areas of Expertise:
- Solid skills in grammar and sentence construction of English.
- Immense ability to work cooperatively with staff and parents.
- Broad knowledge of generating written documents in the English language.
- Wide knowledge of the objectives and principles of Head Start preschool.
- Profound ability to communicate by phone and in a group setting.
Head Start Teacher, 2007 – Present
University High School, Tucson, AZ
- Planned various activities for promoting physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth of students.
- Developed and implemented multi-cultural curriculum for students.
- Conducted parent and teacher meetings as per the standards of Head Start performance.
- Performed developmental screenings and maintained healthy developmental programs.
- Maintained classroom records and attendance.
M.S in Early Childhood Education, 2007
B.S in Elementary Education, 2005