1788 Green Hill Road
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Job Objective A position that can lead to a lasting relationship as a High School Theatre Teacher.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Successful experience working as a theatre teacher at high school level
- Exceptional knowledge of producing high school musical and play productions
- Solid knowledge working with community, students and institutions
- Immense ability to teach acting, playwriting, directing, stage tech etc
- Superior instructional skills; and curriculum and instruction related skills
High School Theatre Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Kerr High School, Fort Smith, AR
- Taught teaching theatre courses at the high school levels and tutored acting skills and techniques to students of varied ages.
- Adapted course of study and training methods to meet student’s needs and abilities.
- Trained the students in enunciation, diction, voice development, and dialects.
- Utilized speech drills, voice exercises, explanation, lectures and improvisation.
- Used the services of non-performing students for stage constructing, painting moving, scenery, operating stage light and sound equipment.
- Managed to teach students about character development and personality projection.
High School Theatre Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Franklin High School, Fort Smith, AR
- Tutored elements of stagecraft, stage makeup, costume craft, play writing etc.
- Demonstrated vocal and body expression to teach acting styles.
- Assigned backstage production tasks to the nonperforming students.
- Developed lesson plans balancing Theatre Arts program/s.
- Ensured that the preparation, rehearsal, and instruction be accomplished.
- Conducted audition among students to select, cast and assign characters; and carried out rehearsals and drilled students to ensure that they master it.
Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Arts, Palo Alto College, San Antonio, TX
Master’s Degree in Theatre Arts, Central Texas College, Killeen, TX
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated