Home Economics Teacher Resume
Here is the Home Economics Teacher Resume example:
3430 Bee Street
Bear Lake, MI 49614
Job Objective To secure a Home Economics Teacher job within the school in which my teaching skills and experience can be used to help the school grow.
Economics Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Irvington Public Schools, Bear Lake, MI
- Evaluated and graded students’ class work, projects and assignments.
- Acted as an adviser to student organizations.
- Participated in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Performed administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Prepared grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Initiated, facilitated, and moderated classroom discussions.
Economics Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Glen Ridge Public School, Bear Lake, MI
- Prepared relevant economics course materials in line with the syllabi.
- Managed to keep abreast of national and global economic developments.
- Collected current literature, encouraged discussions with colleagues, and participated in professional conferences and seminars.
- Maintained student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Maintained regularly the scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Collaborated with social science teachers to address teaching and research issues.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience in teaching economics and related current trend
- Sound knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of economics
- Exceptional knowledge of common misinterpretations of the economical concepts
- Immense ability to communicate effectively and motivate students
- Remarkable ability to teach and explain all the fundamental concepts in economics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent supervisory, coaching and class management skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, NC
14241 Jeffrey Rd
London, KY 40741
Objective Obtain a challenging teaching position as a Home Economics Teacher utilizing creativity and a genuine desire to educate students in High School.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strong knowledge in child care, family relations, finance and parenting.
- Solid knowledge of child development and an understanding of how children learn.
- In depth knowledge of current theories of Home Economics.
- Sound sense of humor and a positive outlook.
- Experience in food technology and familiar with the curriculum used in schools.
Home Economics Teacher, 2007 – Present
Yonkers High School, Yonkers, NY
- Created and executed lesson plans and activities in the areas of family and consumer sciences, including nutrition, food science and clothing care.
- Supervised early childhood education programs, and served on family advisory and mentoring roles.
- Served as adviser to various student organizations within the school.
- Taught how to manage a home, cook a meal, perform basic sewing and more.
- Taught students about home management, finance, family and community and child development.
M.S in Family and Consumer Science, 2007
Carnegie Mellon University
B.S in Family and Consumer Science, 2005