Teacher For The Visually Impaired Resume
Here is the Teacher For The Visually Impaired Resume example:
1223 Sardis Sta
Watauga, TX 76148
Job Objective A position that can lead to a lasting relationship as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Successful teaching experience to the students with visual impairments
- Profound knowledge of the adaptations needed for visually impaired children
- Working knowledge of the Braille script
- Outstanding ability to act as an Itinerant Teacher for the visually impaired
- Remarkable ability to work effectively with diverse student populations
- Strong written skills and excellent oral communication skills
Teacher for the Visually Impaired, August 2005 – Present
Prince George’s County Public School, Watauga, TX
- Identified and evaluated students with a possible visual impairment.
- Consulted with medical professionals, classroom teachers, staff, students and parents for appropriate evaluations, modifications and instructional strategies.
- Assisted in determining and procuring necessary equipment and materials.
- Provided the specialized instructional strategies and material to other faculty.
- Monitored the student’s progress in academic subjects and guided further.
- Tutored compensatory skills as needed.
Teacher for the Visually Impaired, May 2000 – July 2005
Stony Brook College Preparatory School, Watauga, TX
- Performed Functional Vision and Learning Media Assessments on new referrals.
- Obtained and interpreted eye and medical reports.
- Contributed towards the established goals, modifications and learning styles.
- Recommended appropriate and specialized evaluations.
- Partnered with other agencies for vocational assessment process.
- Performed administrative and other record keeping duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Augusta State University, Augusta, GA
252 Eugenia St
Douglasville, GA 30134
Objective Obtain a challenging teaching position as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired utilizing creativity and a genuine desire to educate.
Areas of Expertise:
- In depth ability to create evaluations for blind students.
- Solid knowledge of Braille reading and writing.
- Proficient knowledge in sign language.
- Strong ability to provide a dynamic educational program to visually impaired students.
- Broad knowledge of instructional methods in Braille and the Braille System.
Teacher for the Visually Impaired, 2007 – Present
Bergen Academies Hackensack, Hackensack, NJ
- Provided direct and indirect vision impairment services to blind and vision impaired Students.
- Taught Braille reading and writing, adaptive technology related to Braille and activities of daily living.
- Developed, implemented and reviewed the individual education program of each disabled student.
- Observed and assessed students performance, behavior and physical health.
- Provided Braille, recorded on enlarged materials as appropriate for each child.
M.A in Education for the Visually Impaired, 2007
B.A in Education for the Visually Impaired, 2005