349 Java Lane
Chester, SC 29706
Job Objective To secure a Theatre Teacher job within the school in which my teaching skills and experience can be used to help the school grow.
Theatre Teacher, August 2005 – Present
AMP, Chester, SC
- Prepared lesson plans based on the established school and classroom curriculum.
- Instructed enunciation, diction, voice development, and dialects, using voice exercises and improvisation.
- Discussed and demonstrated vocal and body expression to teach acting styles.
- Trained the students in character development, and personality projection.
- Guided the students on the elements of stagecraft, stage makeup, costume craft, play writing, or play direction.
- Ensured that the student learn to read plays and understand the literary genre of drama.
Theatre Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Los Alamos Public Schools, Chester, SC
- Guided the students on how to act using improvisation, storytelling and theatre games.
- Instructed on how to create dramatic conflict and reach creative and entertaining solutions.
- Produced short plays, scenes or monologues in the classroom.
- Managed to produce and present short presentation for families and friends.
- Acted to fulfill assigned duties and also to take up non-academic responsibilities.
- Ensured to create and maintain an appropriate classroom environment and adhere to the organizational strategies.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Skilled in theatrical performance, production and management
- Profound knowledge of teaching and directing youth/teen theatre
- Remarkable ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding ability to effectively manage multiple complex functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent class management and intrapersonal skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Dance, Music, & Theatre, Villa Maria College, Buffalo, NY
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated