Transportation Manager Resume
Here is the Transportation Manager Resume example:
4383 Diane Street
Camarillo, CA 93010
Job Objective Experienced Transportation Manager seeks a new career path where I can put my experience to use for the benefit of the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience in managing all employees related to transportation, working on all transportation technology systems and forecasting traffic needs
- Operational knowledge of various business processes
- Sound knowledge of traffic policies and regulations
- Immense ability to perform troubleshoot on shipping procedures and resolve issues
- Proficient in understanding DOT and railroad pricing
- Exceptional understanding of supply chain and associated logistics
- Ability to quickly learn new technical systems and processes
- Ability to negotiate pricing with vendors
- Familiarity in preventative maintenance programs
Pacific American Fish Co., Inc., Camarillo, CA
October 2008 – Present
- Developed trips and managed various networks according to prepared budgets.
- Monitored, updated and maintained all files to ensure compliance to credentials.
- Inspected cost of transportation, managed all associated costs and developed ways to reduce freight cost.
- Organized a team for providing customer services and assisting customers in queries over phone.
- Recorded all operations carried in dock and security area.
- Coordinated with transportation providers and resolved all issues faced in system.
- Managed outbound shipping and ensured timely delivery.
- Hired associates to work on provider network.
Professionals Incorporated, Camarillo, CA
August 2003 – September 2008
- Hired and trained a formidable workforce.
- Determined all communication standards and performed employee appraisal accordingly.
- Monitored working of staff and recommended changes in procedure and ensured utilization of all company resources to maximum.
- Reviewed and interpreted all company policies and ensured compliance to all safety procedures.
- Managed work of all employees, evaluated performance and recommended changes if required.
- Prepared reports on trends and implemented all necessary changes.
Ralcorp, Camarillo, CA
May 1998 – July 2003
- Monitored work of all van operators on route, assigned shipments according to customer requirement.
- Managed all loads and its viability for delivery and load dates.
- Streamlined delivery process and ensured no deviation from delivery date.
- Determined work and revenue between various van operator fleets.
- Established delivery routes, developed cost effective routes for development.
- Coordinated with van operators and maintained a positive environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics
Christ College, Buford, GA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated