Do you know who fills in cracks and holes in walls and ceilings so that the surfaces will appear smooth and plain? When you see painted buildings, do you ever wonder who could be behind those colored structures? Give credit not only to painters but also to Tapers. Who are Tapers? What do they do? Tapers are construction workers whose main job is filling in cracks and holes, smoothing the rough edges, sealing joints and straightening of tape to correct flaws and ensure a smooth finish. Tapers use a special mix of ingredient in filling gaps between PVCs and plywood. They also use sandpaper to smoothen edges. To know more about what Tapers do, a sample CV of a taper is shown below. This sample is provided so anyone who wants to apply for the position will have an idea on how to create his own Taper CV.
|401-684 Lacinia Road, Halkirk, Caithness, EZ9I 1NX
|Tel: – 01910 543234
Date of Birth: – 19/07/89
Nationality: – British
|I am a skilled Taper with over two years of experience in two different companies. I am very skilled in reading diagrams and plans and good at spotting imperfections. Throughout my employment, I have acquired the necessary aptitude needed to be an effective taper. I am very knowledgeable of the Standard Operating Procedures involved in taping joints- equal mixing of ingredients to achieve consistency, clean surfaces before application, and remove excess compound after application. My objective in joining this company is to be able to expand my knowledge and enhance my expertise in this field. At the same time, I also want to be a contributing factor to the company’s growing success.
|KEY SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Hands-on experience in mixing plaster and taping the joints
- Remarkable knowledge of various raw materials and production processes
- Immense knowledge of various business strategies
- Ability to ensure compliance to diagrams and plans
- Ability to install all metal corners through ladders
- Solid understanding of human resources modeling
| Kalcrest Site Services – Shropshire
|Sep 2012 – Till Date
- Assisted to apply primers and compounds on all walls and ceilings.
- Assisted to install metal moldings at various wall corners.
- Applied solutions and paints for wired electrical components.
- Monitored all adhesives and ensured efficient durability.
- Performed tests on wired electrical components for motors and stators.
|Spectrum Group – Suffolk
|Sep 2011 – Sep 2012
- Attached center tape on seams with help of hand rollers.
- Administered seams and ensured efficient solvents with help of glue.
- Monitored cracks and holes and ensured fill up of the walls and ceilings.
- Installed metal moldings at all corners with the help of sealant and tape.
- Applied sealing compound with the help of nails and screws.
- Inspected copies and ensured accuracy of information.
|EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
|BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering
Cardiff University – Cardiff
Sep 2007 – Jul 2011
|A Levels in Computing, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language
Aylesbury College – Aylesbury
Oct 2005 – Jul 2007
|GCSEs: 8 including Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English Language
Bishop Douglass RC High School – East Finchley
Sep 2000 – Jul 2005
March 1, 2023Create Date
March 1, 2023Last Updated