Disability Counsellor Resume Example
Here is the Disability Counsellor Resume example:
1002 Jett Lane
El Segundo, CA 90245
Job Objective To use my abilities and training as a Disability Counsellor to help growing company meet or exceed overall goals while also enhancing my career.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of interviewing and counseling clients with disabilities
- Extensive knowledge of disability types, adult education theory, and crisis intervention practices
- Commendable knowledge of government-approved laws pertaining to disability and higher education
- Proficient in using ASL interpreters, MS Office, database systems, and teaching aids
- Ability to interact with persons with disabilities belonging to diverse backgrounds, in a helpful manner
- Ability to create and deliver effective educational programs for adults with disabilities
Stamford Hospital – Stamford, CT
August 2012 – Present
- Interviewed various clients with disabilities and provided appropriate counseling services to them.
- Supported and trained individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in activities of daily living.
- Interacted with students with disabilities and prepared customized educational plans.
- Obtained and verified documentation in support of eligibility of clients for support services.
- Prepared and maintained accurate and complete work-related records and ensured their confidentiality.
- Sourced and provided relevant support services to all clients, as needed.
- Planned and conducted disability education sessions for various departments.
- Attended meetings with staff and participated in departmental initiatives and transition programs.
- Developed and maintained positive professional relationships with colleagues and external organizations.
- Interpreted and followed Human Rights Code and other applicable government legislation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated