Here is the Meteorologist Resume example:
1977 Walnut Street
Madison, MS 39110
Job Objective Seeking a motivating and challenging position as a Meteorologist in a reputation organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in whether forecasting
- Proficient with weather observation instrumentation
- Profound knowledge of meteorological processes and phenomena
- Extensive knowledge of Numerical Weather Forecasts (NWP)
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, databases and a programming language such as FORTRAN
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Superior meteorological skills with ability to interpret and apply its output in a real-time operational environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work both cohesively within a team and independently
Hearst Television Inc., Madison, MS
August 2005 – Present
- Analyzed and interpreted meteorological data collected by surface and upper-air stations, satellites and radar to develop reports and forecasts for public and other users.
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts involved with atmospheric transport ,dispersion models and air quality studies.
- Provided technical support advice and executed model and simulation tools to generate responses.
World Weather, Inc., Madison, MS
May 2000 – July 2005
- Communicated with clients on a routine basis.
- Conducted detailed analyses of boundary-layer, synoptic and mesoscale weather conditions associated with air pollution episodes throughout the United States.
- Deployed, operated and maintained STI s surface meteorological instruments, sodars and radar wind profilers.
- Presented research results at air quality and meteorological conferences and author journal papers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology
Sheridan College, Sheridan, WY
601 Main Street
New Mexico, 87109
Objective Meteorologist position with a esteemed organization that utilizes my skills and experience in forecasting models, upper air charts, surface maps, enhanced infrared, water vapor satellite imagery, and radar imagery.
- Weather Forecasting
- Data Analysis and Supervision
- Proficient with the Accuweather Galileo, Graphic Development & Tech Support
- Environmental climatic assessment
- Operating Systems: Windows Vista/ XP/ ME/ NT/ 98/ 95 & UNIX
Meteorologist, from 2007 to till date
Manatron, Inc., NM
- Evaluated and interpreted information from air stations, radar, satellites.
- Produced hourly weather observations for The Manchester Airport Group Plc.
- Delivered daily weather forecasts and organized tropical briefings during hurricane season.
- Trained undergraduate students and new trainees.
- Research Associate, 2005 to 2007
- Cadent, Inc., NM
- Researched weather patterns and analyzed the data reports.
- Developed reports and broadcasts using computer graphic software.
- Wrote and recorded discussions, forecasts and bulletins to clients.
MS, Meteorology, 2005
University of Minnesota
BS in Meteorology, 2003