19428 Red Hawk Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
Job Objective To obtain a Fund Accountant position and to contribute to the success and reputation of the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In Depth knowledge of accounting, GAAP, fund structures and financial reporting concepts
- A great deal of experience in financial statement preparation
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client, investment and company information
- Amazing ability to work on several projects and meet inflexible deadlines
- Ability to interpret and apply judgment to tasks based on broad policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under time constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
Fund Accountant, August 2005 – Present
The Mergis Group, Wheaton, IL
- Assisted in preparing capital calls and distribution schedules and notices.
- Assisted with annual audit and tax return preparation and cash management.
- Handled multiple entity general ledger processing.
- Processed transactions, like accounts payable, expense reimbursements and invoicing.
- Assisted in various projects, as needed.
- Worked together with and answered to ad hoc limited partner requests.
Fund Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Excel Partners, Inc., Wheaton, IL
- Reviewed financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisted with management reporting and the annual audit and tax process.
- Performed monthly allocations and valuation of underlying funds.
- Reviewed and analyzed monthly calculations and estimations.
- Ensured appropriate calculation and payment of varied fee transfer of funds and redemption payments.
- Recorded and maintained investment activity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Phoenix, Jacksonville, FL
Master’s Degree in Accounting, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN