2699 Straford Park
Harlan, KY 40831
Job Objective To secure a position with growing company as a SOX Auditor where my education and special training can be utilized to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Comprehensive experience in implementing control self-assessment processes
- Excellent knowledge of SOX Compliance and s.404 testing
- Skilled in identifying risks & controls, & developing audit tests of controls
- Excellent skills in the efficient use of Microsoft Excel and Word software
- Self-starter and the ability to work on multiple projects under pressure
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
SOX Auditor, August 2005 – Present
Regency Energy Partners LP, Harlan, KY
- Focused on key operational, accounting, and financial reporting controls within the assigned areas and scope for SOX reviews.
- Identified key controls, assessed controls for design deficiencies, and updated process.
- Scheduled testing of operating effectiveness in compliance with tests plans.
- Detected operating deficiencies and proposed ways to remediate control failures.
- Identified mitigating controls to minimize risk exposures.
- Participated in the implementation of new processes and corrective action plans to ensure SOX compliance.
SOX Auditor, May 2000 – July 2005
Premiere Company, Harlan, KY
- Executed the design reviews and test plans in a timely manner.
- Executed test plans at assigned locations.
- Documented work as per established practices and SOX standards.
- Prepared detailed findings for review with appropriate management personnel.
- Submitted status reports to compliance executive on time.
- Ensured to communicate SOX testing results to the appropriate authority.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA