Database Engineer Resume
Here is the Database Engineer Resume example:
1289 Benedum Drive
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Job Objective Seeking a position as a Database Engineer in order to execute years’ worth of experience in field to help your company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Experience working in SQL Server database & SQL Analysis Services technologies
- Wide knowledge of database systems, database design, and database implementation and normalization strategies
- In-depth knowledge of database server architecture, memory structures, query plans, query rewrites and tuning parameters
- Familiarity with MySQL/ISAM, MySQL/InnoDB, Oracle, Postgres and SQLServer
- Immense ability to work with PowerShell and Perl scripting languages
- Proficient with Visual basic, C++ programs, SQL, MS SQL 2005 / 2008 Oracle and Sharepoint
- Expert in working with UNIX and LINUX operating system
- Remarkable ability to work with various procedures and database scripts
- Skilled to perform troubleshoot for all database issues
Database Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Mantech, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Checked the need of the user and then designed the security and access points for the databases.
- Organized the data for the end users of the applications.
- Operated the database and ensured that it was as per the storage requirements of the system.
- Proofed the new Database management systems and installed them if required.
- Managed all the data in accordance to the Data Protection Act.
- Prepared documents for the database system.
- Assisted in solving all technical problems that occurred in the application and migration projects.
- Updated the existing applications and installed new applications as well.
Database Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
Interthinx, Inc., Poughkeepsie, NY
- Coordinated with the software developers and provided analysis on the store procedure and SQL.
- Assisted the developers for modifying the applications and provided an interface for the database.
- Managed the database system, analyzed it and resolved all performance issues of the database.
- Facilitated in monitoring the database and forecasted the requirements for the future.
- Handled the database and ensured that all capacity requirements of the systems were met.
- Ensured a backup of the production databases and provided support to the backups.
- Maintained the database servers and ensured that the secure content was maintained at all times.
- Provided active database management and ensured optimum performance by reducing the downtime.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Allen University, Columbia, SC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated