Benefits Advisor Resume Example
Here is the Benefits Advisor Resume example:
1098 Walnut Avenue
Almo, ID 83312
Job Objective Seeking a position as a Benefits Advisor in a highly established organization that will further boost my career in the industry today.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Wide experience of progressive employee benefits with health and welfare
- Familiarity with HIPAA, COBRA, 401k, HR and ERISA
- Good understanding of insurance procedures and patient interaction
- Extensive knowledge of Health coverage, retirement plan and generous tuition reimbursement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications, email and website interaction
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedure manuals, insurance applications and polices
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously through verbal and written interaction
Benefits Advisor, August 2005 – Present
SafePath Benefits, Inc., Almo, ID
- Developed new opportunities through networking and establishing relationships.
- Interacted with the Clients to accurately learn what program options are being requested.
- Communicated with the client and client’s employee, progress towards achieving a positive resolution to their claims, problems and questions.
- Attended all issues, claims and problems related to client’s coverage and those specifically related to individual employees.
- Developed and maintained a proactive service plan on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinated the employee enrollment meetings.
Benefits Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Metropolitan Jewish Health System, Almo, ID
- Utilized the consultative skills to assess the client’s needs, determined the best insurance plan and assessed appropriate eligibility.
- Communicated the costs and benefits of Medicare insurance plans through the telephone.
- Interpreted and applied the various guidelines across multiple insurance carriers to applicant-specific health scenarios.
- Developed detailed formal meeting summaries after client meetings and followed-up on outstanding items.
- Scheduled and began the process of renewals for all existing clients.
- Assisted the clients relative to issues with.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling, Ventura College, Ventura, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated