A marketing coordinator is an individual who develops internal and external communications material with the goal of selling a product or service to the target audience. This position usually requires a bachelor’s degree in an area like marketing, communications, or public relations. Knowledge of print and online media is also very helpful, since you will be expected to be able to produce physical marketing products.
When designing a marketing coordinator resume, you should include any prior experience you might have in the marketing or communications fields. Barring prior experience, the ability to communicate well in both verbal and written situations as well as a high level of organization and a positive outlook are all extremely helpful. To get you started, three marketing coordinator resume format examples are provided below, with each one providing a candidate who has a different level of experience and skill.
While it is not always the easiest position to break into, people can become marketing coordinators with no prior training. In such a situation, your resume should emphasize the ability to communicate well, produce written documents with no errors, and meet tight deadlines. Ms. Gates, the candidate in the marketing coordinator resume example provided below, has no experience in this field but has had some journalism work that will translate well to a job as a marketing coordinator.
| Melissa Gates|
13 Melinda Street
Carmel, NY 10512
Home: (203) 845-6311
Cell: (203) 413-2311
|EXTREMELY PERSONABLE MARKETING COORDINATOR|
|Highly professional and energetic marketing coordinator with excellent communication and promotional skills. Comprehensive knowledge of public relations, marketing, and open communications. Able to incorporate feedback from customers and clients, then adjust business plan according to that feedback.|
|STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, New York, NY|
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, 2014
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Models
- Multivariate Analysis
- Research Issues
- Marketing management
- Print media
- Marketing management
- Print media
- Public relations
- Online resources
- Interoffice communications
- Social media
Mid-Level Professional Resume
A marketing coordinator who has been in the career field for a few years should have a better feel for the industry but still needs to provide insight as to where their skills and expertise lie. For example, the marketing coordinator resume sample presented here uses a candidate named Janice Little, who has a background in advertising and public relations that she has translated into a successful marketing coordinator career.
|34 Downtown Avenue – Carmel, NY 10512 – (203) 141-6548 – [email]|
Excellent communication skills and knowledge of public relations
- Experienced marketing coordinator with a comprehensive knowledge of both print and online advertising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of online marketing systems.
- Strong project management abilities and high level of self-motivation.
|Public relations: In-depth knowledge of public marketing procedures, brand handling, and reaction to public reactions.|
Team building: Prior experience in hiring and training marketing associates and ensuring that these individuals will meet the needs to the team as a whole.
Print and web campaigns: Extremely knowledgeable of traditional print advertising campaigns as well as modern online initiatives.
|National Marketing Group (Carmel, NY)|
Marketing Coordinator, 1/2012-Present
|Create innovative new ways to properly market brands. Maintain constant open dialogue with customers regarding brand awareness. Maintain in-depth records and information regarding sales, tracking, and public relations. Initiated highly successful email and social media marketing campaigns.|
Experienced Professional Resume
Extensive experience in this field enables you to transform your marketing coordinator resume into a document that highlights your experience and the professional qualities prior jobs have instilled in you. No longer do you need to worry about focusing on education, instead utilizing that portion of your resume simply as a way to ensure that the employer knows you meet their requirements. Ms. Williams, the individual in the marketing coordinator sample resume provided below, showcases her many professional qualities early and is likely to have impressed an employer before the individual even finishes reading her complete work history.
(555)-555-5555 | 1213 Reading Lane | Carmel, NY 10512 | [email]
|Highly experienced marketing coordinator with excellent communication skills.|
|Highly skilled marketing coordinator with many years of experience in a variety of different fields. Strong brand management abilities. Excellent project development skills.|
| CORE COMPETENCIES|
|Marketing management – Brand strategies – Print media – Online advertising – Radio promotion – Website design|
– Demographic analysis – Brand management – Video advertising – Promotional flyer design – Exhibits and trade shows –
Long-term marketing planning
|WESTCOM INDUSTRIES – Carmel, NY|
Coordinating large-scale marketing endeavors throughout the state of New York.
Provide public marketing services and new brand development. Ensure deep penetration into key demographics and a strong online presence.
- Serve as primary point of contact for media inquiries.
- Communicate with local papers and news websites regarding potential stories that portray key brands positively.
- Ensure cooperation and open communication among members of the marketing team.
- Monitor and update brand social media sites.
- Assist in design of print media and ad copy.
- Coordinate website development.
- Attend trade shows and high-profile industry events.
|SUNSET ACTIVITIES – Newark, DE|
Provided marketing outreach services to a youth-oriented demographic.
|Led a strong marketing push into the male and female adolescent crowd, offering toys, games, and other high-profile brands. Coordinated multimedia marketing endeavors and promoted a strong brand identity.|
- Evaluated brands and determined appropriate marketing message.
- Performed market research to ensure that brand promotion remained on-message.
- Targeted key demographics with print and television ads.
- Developed websites and social media outlets for brand promotion.
- Communicated with local media outlets regarding marketing opportunities.
- Ensured that customer feedback received a prompt and appropriate response.
|SUNSET ACTIVITIES – Newark, DE|
Assisted in the development and execution of new marketing strategies.
Served as part of a high-energy marketing team that properly identified and carried out brand management goals. Performed key demographic research and ensured that promotional messages were on-target and well-received by the target audience.
- Assisted in the development of print and online media.
- Shared promotional ideas with the rest of the marketing team.
- Communicated with writers and graphic designers regarding slogan and logo design.
- Promoted to marketing coordinator in the spring of 2008.
|Bachelor of Science in Marketing, 2007|
University of Delaware
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated